- BOABC Members and approved BCIT (BLDC1500) Students who wish to sit Examinations, must register with the BOABC prior to the Exam registration closing date. Approved BCIT (BLDG1810) Students who wish to sit Examinations, must register with Theresa Udevi at BCIT by calling 604-412-7411 prior to the Exam registration closing date. Examination payment MUST be received by the BOABC Office prior to taking an Examination. The BOABC/POABC Certification Examination Schedule and Registration Form will be posted below, approximately one month prior to the Exam Sittings.
- Those who have not registered and "walk-in" to an Exam session, will not be allowed to take the Exam.
- Examination fees for BOABC Members, POABC Members and BCIT Students is $225.00 plus GST (5%) for each Examination.
Examination Development Process [PDF - 60 KB]
Tips to Succeed at BOABC Examinations [PDF - 52 KB]
- BOABC Level I Examination Outline [PDF - 99 KB]
Changes to the BOABC Level 1 Outline involve the following areas:
- Fire Protection, including
- Spatial Separation
- Smoke Alarms and CO Alarms
- Secondary Suites (this is not listed as a separate content area, but knowledge of code provisions for secondary suites is needed)
- Lateral Bracing Requirements, including
- Braced Wall Bands
- Braced Wall Panels
- BOABC Level III Five Examinations Content [PDF - 81 KB]